I have been struggling to create content lately, not because I don’t have the content to put out but because I don’t know the right medium anymore. It used to be that the blog was the default for my rants, random thoughts and the like but today I have no clue where it should go.
Facebook has turned into a prayer book, and no I am not jumping on my religious friends at all but basically at the notion that instead of picking up the phone and calling a friend about an issue people now leave it to facebook to answer their prayers… or air their dirty laundry. A lot of my thoughts that used to fit so nicely here have now become displaced passengers stranded in an island where they don’t have the money to get into the next ship.
I used to feel like I could put anything I wanted here and most readers understood that I was being devils advocate and trying to make them think of another point of view, or simply exploring my own point of view. The internet is not the same place anymore. Can someone really become radicalized simply by reading the internet? Do I seriously long for the dirty place where the worst thing you could find was rotten dot com?
Having a lot to say does not cut it anymore, and frankly facebook discussions with people that barely understand the difference between religion, conviction and morals is really futile. Twitter is even worse. The podcast I wanted to start has some merit but it will not be a complete outlet, only a small drip… lol
Pair that with the fact that now things are more and more available to everyone and YES your Mom knows that you blog.
I have a couple of entries that should make an appearance soon, but then again is it time to move to a new format and maybe create a serious YouTube channel? Did the blog really die with the first decade of this century?
Back to the same thing, at this point I am not sure if I should blog or not. /sigh
Blogging has been something that has been difficult for me to do as of lately. I have a lot to say about thew world around me, but most of it is frustration and sadness. Thankfully that chapter seems to be over and now that my uncle has passed on I think I can once again put my thoughts here. Even when there are a millions things to talk about it seems secondary to someone close to you battling a terminal illness. I am sure I will eventually post about the lesson’s learned throughout the process.
Being back in Kansas City has been a great blessing in many respects. Sure, the fact that my love and emotional life are in a very good place now is amazing, but the balance that I have achieved in every other aspect is also very telling. I still love Chicago as much as always, but Kansas City feels like home.
Things with my nurse get better and better each time. I had spent plenty of time in my life trying to figure out who I was a not much time actually being. We seem to spend our time together actually doing things rather than talking about them. More than support for who I am or I want to accomplish (which I get) I feel that she is proud of who I am. She is proud to have me by her side as much as I am proud of her. That is a great feeling in the middle of many that I had never felt before from a partner in crime.
The new job is going great. It was that job that I thought I should have had a while back but I am glad I did not get until now. The experience that I have gained during my previous two companies has really enhanced my capability of doing a great job in this present job. It is pretty cool to be able to apply what you know to help others do a better job. The travel part is just icing on the cake.
I have spent this summer doing lots of things that I thought I would not do. Some I enjoy more than others, but I feel like I am being more open minded. I have a more solid grasp on what I want out of my relationships in life and I think the ones I have now are stronger than ever before.
The only thing the really sucks right now is time. I don’t have nearly enough time to do everything that I want to so. Hopefully can stick with it and start to blog again in a consistent basis.
How is this summer treating you?
– You know those days that seem to fit like a weeks worth of stuff into… I just had like 5 of those.
– Its awesome to potentially be in a list denying you entry to visit a loved one even though you were out of town while the drama happened.
– Oh yea, I went to an awesome wedding.
– I danced, and I ate til my belly almost burst.
– Oh and I got farted on too, no lie.
– Not just a fart either, it was a full shart that probably required panty change.
– I also went to a high school graduation where I counted the non-whites in attendance.
– I have always loved rednecks, Travis indoctrinated me into the culture.
– I have been listening to and liking country lately… no shit… I know its hard to believe.
– I have encountered a new set of people I dislike, rednecks that become hipster douche-bags and drive “sports cars.”
– NO, being a convertible does not make a car a sport-car.
– Yes the mini is still a glorified golf cart.
– More smart car than mustang.
– I guess I am going to be golfing a lot in the near future.
– I will be playing in a charity tournament… so time to hit some balls.
– Ball jokes in a golf course don’t seem to get old.
– Golf is 90% the people you play with 10% the actual hitting of the balls.
– Yes, I am madly in love with my nurse.
– I had never seen Archer before, DANGER ZONE.
– The nurse and I enjoy watching it quite a bit.
– I have been so busy lately, but good busy.
– The bad busy is almost over.
– I am amazed by how many people just LOVE to be in the middle of drama.
– Really people, it has nothing to do with you directly quit trying to wiggle your way into it.
– Wiggle x3 YEA.
– Chi-Jua-Jua is still funny… so is CONNOR!!!
– That bread was def suspect.
– Oh yea, big corporations, its a douchebag move to not let people say good bye to coworkers when you lay them off.
– Jdizzle still owes me a list of songs and or bands to listen to.
– I am seriously considering picking up the guitar again.
– I can get a cowboy hat and play country… around a campfire and sh!t.
– Ok maybe not the cowboy part.
– I am more a dog person than a cat person… like 60%-40%
– Did you guys know that Monday night is stripper night in Walmart.
– No lie, there was like 3 different one with about 6 kids each.
– Mallcops are the bomb when they have segways.
– Did you know that a vampire dates guys with mullets. Yeap, I saw it at the mall.
– Also when they reproduce they create a fashion challenged girl, an emo dude and hipster douchbag.
– I could be wrong and they only produced the emo dude, the other two could be friends.
– I got my first “pedi” ever.
– I tried to refuse the Korean lady, but she went all Mama-san on me and I feared for my safety if I said no.
– I swear one of the Korean ladies said “om nom nom nom nom” mid conversation.
– I know a little bit of Korean, but not enough to understand context.
– It looks like I am finally getting an official step Dad. (Mom got engaged! woot)
– Oh yea, I get to see DeGuia soon! I cannot wait.
– I have worked for too many 3 letter companies.
– Almost every single one of the companies I have worked for has 3 letters… except for a couple. NDS-HWS-CSS-AON-CVS.
– I had an awesome weekend… I wish it would have extended to the next weekend.
– I did not know I have Monday off. ROADTRIP!
– I do have some things that I need to take care of.
– Seeing people in pain from a bad back makes you really want to take care of your now.
– I am also very thankful that I stopped smoking and don’t drink all that much.
– I still love bacon though, DAM YOU BACON.
– I loled when during the graduation speech the Valedictorian mispelled the word FAITH… he said F-A-I-H-T … I was not the only one to catch it either.
– Maybe if he had autocorrect.
– With time, the truth always comes out.
– Life is too short to spend time on talking about the past.
– Making memories of us, that is how I want to spend my time.
» Left Brain:
I am a scientist. A mathematician. I love the familiar. I categorize. I am accurate. Linear. Analytical. Strategic. I am practical. Always in control. A masters of words and language. Realistic. I calculate equations and play with numbers. I am order. I am logic. I know exactly who I am.
» Right Brain:
I am creativity. A free spirit. I am passion. Yearning. Sensuality. I am the sound of roaring laughter. I am taste. The feeling of sand beneath bare feet. I am movement. Vivid colors. I am the urge to paint on empty canvas. I am boundless imagination. Art. Poetry. I sense. I feel. I am everything I wanted to be.
Do you have a dominant side to your brain or do you have a good mix of both? I feel there is always one side which stands out for everyone. The funny thing is that even though I went into a very left brain field and can swim in it all day, my personality leans more towards the right brain.
What about you?