TGIF Atheist Style
- I like saying thank God as a figure of speech.
– I used to say THANKS God before someone corrected me… it might still slip out.
– I admire guys like Hitchens and Harris.
– “Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.” – Hitchens.
– I still find comfort in religion and my imaginary friend.
– I am comfortable in a biker bar talking about boobs and beer and also in a highrise with a bunch of PhDs and their dissertations.
– I might do both of those in the same week.
– Smart people fascinate me, not sure why they intimidate people.
– Stupidity is way more intimidating.
– I met this dude last night and he was not intimidating.
– I also promised to troll him, but that would require some reading and I don’t feel like it.
– Political science is intimidating but I like Aristotle.
– If my website were to screw Meesha‘s site and get it pregnant you would have Ed’s website design.
– I will use intimidating again and it is because I am scared.
– It has been a long time since I have been this scared.
– Most of the time fear goes away with the use of simple logic.
– This time it is not working at all.
– It amuses me when people think that being controlled with your emotions means that you are controlling.
– I don’t manipulate people, I use all my powers for awesome.
– Just because I can think clearly in stressful situations it does not mean I don’t feel.
– During this whole ordeal with my uncle’s terminal illness I have not felt the need to talk to God about it.
– I think God and I have a marriage of convenience, I try to love him but his actions make me think he does not love me.
– I love the fact that most people that read what I write only get about 2% of what I am trying to say and 72% will find what is serious funny and 28% what is funny serious.
– I personally belong to the percentage that finds what is funny serious.
– I might not be telling the truth about those percentages.
– Does a disclaimer have to come before you lie or after?
– I am not sure if lies hurt the liar more or the one that was lied to.
– In Spanish the word innocence is used a lot to convey unaware, we also use “he had not broken his fast.”
– I need to stop reading books that revolve around hunger when I am trying to lose weight.
– Nope it is not the Hunger Games, it is the Game of Thrones.
– I should have asked the political scientists that I was hanging out with last night to play chess with me.
– I did not want to stereotype though.
– Oh! btw, Fuck you Travis! I love you too.
– Life continues to remind me that in the end it is all about love.
– I think I am going to spend the rest of my life learning about patience.
– Waiting for something for years to happen should show patience.
– The more patient I am asked to be, the better the result I expect.
– This weekend will be rainy but I will be indoors most of it.
– I still hate meetings.
– I hate the fact that I get happy when there is communication happening in a meeting.
– Meetings where communication does not happen should be refunded… time wise.
– The academic world sounds a lot more fun, their meetings always involve food.
– Is it time to become a full time teacher?