Stole it from Angelchrys. Also it has the added bonus of potentially annoying Meesha.
1. Why did you sign up for writing your blog? Initially I thought I would better my writing by practicing, then eventually the grammar mistakes and quirky way of writing was almost like an online accent so I only improve on my way of confusing people with run on sentences. It then became online therapy for me, where it seems a lot easier to deal with things if I just write about them even in a round about way that most people don’t understand. I enjoy making others think or see another point of view.
2. Why did you choose your blog’s name? I think the blog has had a couple of names or taglines during its life, my online name has been Logtar for a long time from playing various video games made by Blizzard. I am a total fanboy of that development studio.
3. Do you own another blog? I blog about my WoW gaming, and have other outlets but none of them see consistent updating. Maybe 2012 will see me go back to a couple of them.
4. What do you do online when you’re not on your blog? Lots of WoW time for sure, also love YouTube and sure exited that you can now see videos via Xbox. It is a lot more fun to share a video there than having to hand people your headphones or connect speakers. I also stream anime from Japan about once a week and read forums.
5. How about when you’re not on the computer? The wife and I enjoy devouring series via Netflix/Hulu or DVD. When we find something we like we watch the complete series. I think we started with BSG and went from there, Dexter, Madmen, etc. Right now we are on True Blood. I also enjoy reading and now that Bea has the kindle fire, I inherited the old kindle and omg I love reading on it. Just finished the hunger games series which disappointing me, but that is for another post.
6. What do you wish people who read your blog knew about you? That the only way to get to know someone is through conversation. Assuming that just because you read an article I write you have the whole picture is absurd. I wish more people engaged in true conversation but this society seems to be all about first impressions and only reading books cover deep.
7. What is your favorite community in the blogosphere? I miss the days of blogdrive, when it seemed like a community. I think the WoW blogsphere is nice but kind of fragmented into a lot of different pieces. I still feel somewhat part of the KC blog community, but overall I think G+ is the only place that is giving me a sense of online community recently.
8. What is your philosophy on your blog layout? Simple is better… I have wanted to go back to totally minimalistic, but there are some things I like about the current layout. I change it every once in a while.
9. Tell me about your picture you use to represent you on your blog. Right now I don’t have any picture representing it. I have tired to work on a logo before with no luck there. I like the current picture on my G+ because that smile was the start of the second Chicago chapter of my life. Its a fond memory.
10. Pick 3 random blogs from your blogroll and tell us about them.
I met Burro through DeGuia and assume that Meesha found burro through me. It is interesting that people of such different backgrounds come together and form a weird web of mind bending proportions. Burro is always an awesome read, he talks about anime and even politics. I would like to meet him out in California some day, but I suspect he wants nothing to do with other human beings… specially those coming from the internet. Meesha makes me laugh with his strange view of the world and other people, but he is super honest and I appreciate that. He is another one with an antisocial streak, but if you have not seen his post you can get lost just on the pictures alone. Not just the ones he digs from the past, but the ones he takes of food. And what can I say about DeGuia. We talk almost daily and I think we need to start podcasting because some of our conversations are hilarious… maybe just to the two of us, but I think it will be good to record them for posterity. Like the other two, he is very honest and reveals a lot about himself on his blog. I think that is probably was made us fast friends, that we both ask a lot of questions and are honest about the answers without assuming or trying to predict what the other one is thinking. It makes it easy when you are not trying to predict things and just simply being amazed. His blog is informative and an awesome window into parenting. I am proud he calls me a friend.
11. What features do you think your blog should have that it doesn’t currently? This could take a whole week… bu the number one is comment consolidation. There should be some kind of service (not discus) that consolidates G+ – Facebook – Twitter – blog comments, into one thing that people can have a conversation on… kind of like google wave but for blogs. I know its a lot to ask for, but I think it would be great to have a topic aggregator that could be seen and used by all those services. (I am painfully aware of the technical limitations)
12. What do you consider the 10 most “telling” interests that we would infer from what you blog persona? I honestly don’t understand this question fully… maybe because I don’t disassociate my blog persona from me.
1. I don’t like religion. – I am Catholic but respect all other ways of thinking (and sometimes admire them.) I think Tim Teabow might convert me to Atheism.
2. I don’t watch movies anymore. – Truth is I just have not reviewed any lately.
3. I like everyone. – Not True, there are plenty of people out there that I find insipid.
4. I love my wife. – Very True.
5. I am a liberal. – Oh so much to say.
6. I support gay rights. – Yes I do, I have plenty of friends that should be able to get married if they want to.
7. I don’t listen to that much music. – Not True, I have spotify on almost constantly
8. I don’t love my pets. – I would love to do more cat pictures and stuff, but cleaning the litter box erases all cuteness from my brain.
9. I have battled bullies and weight loss all my life. – True
10. I have a messes up relationship with my family. – Not true, I love them and love spending time with them, I am just honest with the feelings I sometimes deal with.
13. Do you have any unique interests that you have never shared before? Have I ever told you that I love the Jersey Shore? lol maybe not. I enjoy the fine arts in small doses.
14. The best thing about blogging is all of the friends that you make. Beside from those folks, do you think your blog has fans? LOL… fans, no. An interesting fact is that I have received plenty of hatemail before. I even considered featuring some of it a while back… Writing about politics and immigration seems to be a bad topic. You can see 300+ comments to one of my articles in blogcritics that still gets spurs of activity once in a while (and hatemail here and there as well.) There was a time early on that I was also linked from an extremist white power group, and that also made for some interesting hatemail. So besides my friends, those are my “fans”.
15. What’s your current obsession? What about it captures your imagination? Vampires and the extreme anger I feel when the vampire keeps a fragile damsel in distress in human form to hang onto their own humanity! TURN HER ALREADY AND LETS HAVE A PARTY! I love vampires and the concept of immortality.
16. What are you glad you did but haven’t really had a chance to post about? Plenty of movies I wanted to review. I don’t like blogging about my trips that much, but maybe next time I go to Colombia I will actually post what I write… I have like 6 half written posts. The problem is that I get there and there are so many cool things to do.
17. How many people that first became a blog friend, have you met face to face? I think I have a list on my 100 things.
18. What don’t you talk about here, either because it’s too personal or because you don’t have the energy? My divorce. I think it would be too one sided if the other person cannot give their point of view. I am happy to say that she has remarried and has a little girl though. We are still good friends.
19. What’s a question that you’d love to answer? What was it like to (X) in Colombia.
20. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and regretted it? Nope. The ones I lost I was glad to lose. I can only take so much negativity from people… and well those of you that remember that saga know that I am not a sexist or racist.
21. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and thought, “Was that overdue!” A couple. The thing is that I try to see the best in people, but some people try to see the worst in others (including me) I am a very flawed person, but I am ok with being flawed. That seems to make people that have not dealt with their own demons very uncomfortable. It is never that I don’t see I have flaws, its that my true friends love me warts and all.